Thursday, October 22, 2009

Saturday's weather

It looks like we will be having some real cross weather on our hands. Choose your tires accordingly. In dry weather I would probably go with some file treads, but the prospects of wet weather should probably steer you towards more aggressive tread. I would go with Challenge Grifos...but then again those are my only tubulars and I can't actually race (despite me being pre-reg'd)!

The weather in this area is so incredibly variable so I rarely trust anything more than a day in advance, but this is what I'm seeing now:

From NOAA:
Showers. High near 63. South wind between 10 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

From Weather.com:

I'm honestly unsure of what to make of the "Mostly Cloudy" with a sun icon when the hourly forecast is entirely showers...


From Weather Underground:


So it tentatively looks like rain, but not a washout.

Weather underground also reports that the UV index is only 2 for Saturday. So look on the bright side...you will be at very little risk for sun damage with so much cloud and mud coverage.

Portland holds some of their Cross Crusade races at the Portland International Raceway on the motocross track. I would imagine that under heavy rain we could be looking at similar conditions.


If I had to guess, that looks like Adam McGrath because #1: Van Dessel kit and #2: Helmet visor.

Epic? Yes.

No comments: